Saturday, 12 June 2021

10 Years On And The Battle of the Bulge Continues

9th June 2021 - STARTING WEIGHT 14st 4.2lbs


So, having looked back over my previous posts, I have decided to go back to basics and the beginning. 

Today is the 12th June 2021 and day 4 of a 9 week (63 day) juice fast, following the same rules that I followed back in 2011, when I completed 7 weeks and lost nearly 3 stones.

This is almost exactly 10 years on and I am following the same juice recipe and the same plan that I did then.

I have started back regular swimming and I am cycling (albeit on my electric bike) to and from the pool.

It is 8pm and I am feeling extremely tired even though I didn't do any exercise today. I hope I've got a bit more energy tomorrow. I am having the juice as and when I feel hungry and topping up with water in between. 

I am not going to weigh myself until I have completed the 9 weeks, in order to prevent the daily highs and lows of a positive or negative weight loss and I have to say, it's liberating not being a slave to the scales.

My juice recipe is 

1/2 pineapple
1/2 honeydew melon
4 granny smith apples (less pulp)
4 oranges
1 lemon (peeled)

This produces about a litre and a half of juice which, as I said before, I have a 12oz glass whenever I feel hungry.


No comments:

Post a Comment