Sunday, 13 January 2013

A well-earned relaxing day

DAY TWELVE - Sunday 13th January 2013

Today's weight 12st 11lb - lost today 7/8lb - lost to date 18lb exactly - woohoo!

Started the day with my usual juice of one lemon in water. After Dave had eaten his breakfast of mushroom omelette with toast we went for a walk, only the diddly-doddly Lambert's Castle one but after being stuck in all day yesterday it was nice to get out in the fresh air. And it's quite a nice day today, which is a bonus.

When we got back I cooked Tom and Emma a full English breakfast and got on with clearing up the kitchen and making my juice for the day.

I have started putting a tablespoon of Psyllium Husks in my morning juice (just to add some fibre) to see if it has any effect. Nothing so far, although today was only the third time. Psyllium Husks are a totally natural form of fibre that the body is completely unable to digest, so it should just pass straight through.

Football's on at the moment so I thought this would be an ideal time to write my blog. I see i am getting a few views, please feel free to comment. Would you like more info on 'Fasting'? Would you like to know more about the health benefits gained by detoxifying your body. There is so much nonsense and misinformation written about fasting. Obviously, some people will have a different experience of it to me and theirs may not be as positive as mine, that's life, but I am so grateful that I have found, what is to me, the Golden Goose of weight loss.

It just makes sense to me that if all you are putting into your body are nutrient rich, fresh juices made from organic fresh fruits and veggies, your body will be receiving all the nutrients it needs and your digestive system will have nothing to do. Digestion takes up a considerable amount of energy. If there is nothing to digest then that energy is available for use in all other areas of your life. Gone is the befuddled brain and the lethargy that so many people seem to live with on a daily basis. Your body is receiving all the healthy nutrients it needs and is using the excess fat stored in your body to fuel itself. I have read that you shouldn't exercise when you are fasting, what bunkum! The more you exercise, the more fuel your body needs so the faster your fuel reserves (fat) are used up - faster weight loss! Ok, at the end of the day you feel tired, so you go to bed. sleep all night and wake fully refreshed and ready for another active day. Well that's my experience anyway. I am a different person when I'm fasting and one I like much better.

Tomorrow I will let you know about some of the other health benefits you might expect to experience on a juice fast, but I think I've rambled on for long enough today.

See you all. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment